Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Getting to know the neigborhood


I opened the window to air my room and a strong breeze came in. As I was getting dressed after the first shower of the day, the sound of big drops begun to hit the roof, turning quickly into a rain that lasted a couple of minutes at the most. The air cleaned up and I envisioned a nice day ahead of me :)

The only breakfast I had this morning was a mango and instant coffee with powder milk and sugar. So when I learned, at around 1pm, that the girl who is preparing food for us was still at the market, I devoured 3 bananas and thought of ways to keep myself busy, figuring that our first meal of the day would only be coming for dinner. I asked Mohamed to show me the area whenever he was available. As soon as he was free, we headed into the intense midday sun, Mohammed with a nice shirt on, me carrying the compact camera and my brand new hat.



Sorry for the poor quality of the images but the connection doesn't allow for any better. Likewise, I can't manage to upload any more pictures now.

No comments:

Post a Comment