Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Early morning

February 3 2012

6:30, almost time to get up. I fight against the coziness of my bed,
wrapped in the double bed-sized flat sheet I use both to sleep on and
to cover myself when it cools down in the early hours. A few minutes
later, after stretching and rubbing my eyes, I perceive the thin light
that wants to come through the imperfect closure of the door and its
frame. Outside, the mist is thicker than the previous days and large
drops of dew fall repeatedly here and there performing a perfect
break-of-the-day symphony. It's too cold to take a full shower with
cold water, so I aim to wash off the sleep limiting this early morning
hygienic routine to washing my face and upper body alone. Surely the
air temperature is no lower than 18-20º, but when you're used to
permanent over 30 humid Celsius, that is cold :) Before I start
splashing water I notice a huge spider web holding between an unused
kitchen thatch and the palm tree fronted-fence that gives our rooms
some privacy. I run back to the room to grab my camera and take a few
shots... and that will be the most unexpected event of the day :)


PS mmm, I've written this to the music of Belle and Sebastian and it
feels so good to take a break from the ongoing sounds by villagers! I
should stop the music now to save some power, for I'm running out of
petrol to charge my laptop and all the other equipment we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment